Friday, October 22, 2010

Violeta Parra


Violeta Parra is a person very popular, but her history and her work is little know, since there are songs very popular: In the radios and the public transport we can hear songs such as “Gracias a la vida” or “Volver a los diecisiete”, but her best songs aren`t too hear. Her visual work neither isn`t too widespread and her writers aren`t very readied. I think she was a woman not understood; her death is a proof of that.
I would like meet her because I like her work in general and I consider that her life very interesting, she was a woman very ardent and very fighter, since that she was a child she had very problems whit his family, her family were very poor and she and her brothers must to go to work out, since in her house didn`t have to eat, therefore she since very young learned play the guitar and sing.
A lot of her songs are autobiographic, in they sing about her life and narrate facts that success her. The people that know her say she was a person very attract, the people cannot indifferent in front she.
I would like talk about all things, I don`t have a matter specific to talk, I just would like hear her, anything will be interesting, I think that she must have very stories to talk about her family, her work, others countries that she visited and her tragic lovers.
I think that the people that have had a life hard, they have a value, since the life learn them things that the people in general don`t know. The life of Violeta Parra is an example, she is a person that represent very well the customs of Chile, is impossible to be indifferent front she.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Emilio!
    I like the song “Gracias a la Vida”, precisely the version singing of Mercedes Sosa. I should have the discography to her, or no?
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emilio
    I also appreciate talking to people who've experienced difficult issues. The perspective on life in general is very different. I also agree that the best work of Violeta is not widespread.

    ReplyDelete