Friday, November 5, 2010

The big fish


The big fish is a film of Tim Burton, it was made in 2003. It is based in a novel of Daniel Wallace. In the film there are a lot of “racontos” where the protagonist tell his history and how knew her wife. The story start when the protagonist tell a story of big fish to the people, the son is angry, since he think that his father lie, then the protagonist remember when was born, his infancy, when worked in a circus and how fall in love for his wife, also when was in the war.
The film is whole of elements surrealist: There are giants, dwarfishs, women joins. Sometimes the time is stop it and then the world tour faster. The reality is mixture whit the fantasy, the elements fantastic show us whit real. The son of protagonist is a man realistic, he doesn’t believe in the stories of his father, but in the end he can believe in his father.
The first time that I sew it was in 2006, in the house of a friend. I like Tim Burton, however this film is less gothic that the before of Burton. Also, the actuations are very well, I don`t like Ewan McGregor, but in this film he doing very well.
The part that I more liked, is the end, when the son carry his father to lake and in the road, the father see all his friends of his pas, the father say: “how I dreamed”, since when was a child he sew his death in the eyes of a witch of his town, his vision did reality. This scene is my favorite because condense all film.
- What is your favorite film have you seen?
- When was the first time that you sew the film?
- What scene of film is your favorite?

8 comments:

  1. Hello Emilio!
    I must watch this film because I don't know it. However, I love this surrealist topic.
    Do you have it movie in your home?*

    Regards.

    ----------
    si tení la película préstamela para copiarla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will answer your questions directly...
    -I don't have a favourite movie, because i like so many films that i can't chose, but when i like a movie, i can seen it over and over again.
    -I don't remember my first film, but i remember my first movie in the cinema, it was Beethoven (a lot of time ago jaja)
    -Of all the movies that i like, one of my favourite scenes came from "The Silence of the Lambs", the scene when Agent Starling interview Hannibal for the first time, i found it amazing.

    Now, about the movie, i like it, i can see it many times.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this film too. I love the soundtrack: Buddy Holly and 50' music.

    Respect your question: there are three specialities in Chile: Social, Phisic, and Archeology. One of the things that I felt when I took the classes was a doubt about that I would want: archeology or social anthropology. But.... I really dont know yet, But if I would have enter in the career I would have the two specialities: social and archeology :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tim Burton, but The Big Fish no so much…
    But this is a great film. I like when the protagonist to find his great love and the time is slower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! The big fish is one of my favourite movies..

    I loved the sense of the film...
    The father doesn`t lie.. just He told the things more interesting.. the persons were real

    regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ajajja seems that the big fish is a very popular film i like it too. is a film very emotional and with good images

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say I loved this movie, too. I guess being imaginative, creative and different can always be misunderstood. Great music, great visuals and lovely performances. I must confess I shed a tear in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Residencia en la tierra" is a very good book for to join in the intime live, her anecdotes, her thinking about the friends, womens, etc. Really es very enjoyable and stimulating. I recommend this book!

    ReplyDelete